Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted) Empty
PostSubject: Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted)   Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 5:59 pm

The front of the folded parchment reads:

May this messenger be ever so discrete, and with Godspeed may he deliver this to whomever it may concern.

As you open it;

Dear Captain of the Highland Confederacy-

May this missive find you quickly. My name is Murphy O'Callaghan, former English Naval Officer, present fugitive of the King, and if god deems it, future affiliiate of the Highland Confederacy. My past is one tainted with the stench of loyalty to the King of England. 30 years of sailing- 25 split years under the English Navy, and 5 with the Dutch East India Trading Co. My work for the Dutch seperated my stints with the English and made me connections with the wealthy-and-powerful of Europe. In my last 5 years of service to "His Majesty" I was very outspoken against Englands stance on involving ourselves in territories around the world I thought we did not belong in, including Ireland. It made me very unpopular in London, my last act of rebellion as a High-standing captain in the Royal Navy was to unnecessarily retreat from a battle at Cape Passaro, against the Spanish. My crew thought nothing of it, but a court-martial for treason was no doubt coming. I made haste for the nearest port, used numerous favors from wealthy acquaintances, and people disloyal to the King in the English heirarchy, and found myself in a small village south of Cork the aboriginals call Dúglas. The english have lost my scent, and I have hidden myself, but kept my ears open for such a recruiting organization such as yourselves. I am loyal to the Irish, my descendants, for I am from Cork.

I have battled the French in my time, first at Béveziers and the subsequent buckling of their forces at Barfleur and La Hougue, but I bare no ill-will towards them. I now seek their assistance, and your assistance in shaking England at its core. It must know that it's dominionism shall not stand. To fight with my Scottish brothers for a cause that is just would be a high honor. If I must fight side by side with the French, I do so happily and without petition. I now ask you, will you be able to utilize me in such a way?

Please send your answer as soon as possible.

With Regards,
Murphy J. O'Callaghan
Son of Ireland

(OOC) Bio- my real name is Regan, I am a man - the name can be misleading for some. And now that we have that out of the way... (awkard...) I go to a small private college in Ohio, and I have probably too much free time. I like me some Video Games, especially MMO's, but I also enjoy playing cards (not magic the gathering, lets think more like Euchre and poker) and spending time by the lake in the summer. I used to RP during my time as a text based MMO'er but since than not so much. With the imminent release of PotBS I thought I might give it a shot.

As for my board name at FLS - Well I don't post regularly, I mainly just lurk... if you really want/need to know go ahead and shoot me a PM.

My profession will be Naval Officer

RP to me is the struggle to craft compelling storylines involving others, while stepping on as few toes as possible in the process. The more players you have happy, the better.

And I ask to join the confederacy because I would really like to find an active society who will participate not only in the forums before launch, but heavily in-game once PotBS realeses sometime soon (maybe? I hope).

And sorry for the long winded-ness. I really usually don't type this much...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted)   Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 6:20 pm

Wow. I loved the application, the story behind your character is so detailed and could be very fun/interesting down the line! Feel free to post around the forums and especially in the Albatross!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted)   Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 6:21 pm

OOC:
An Ohio man, hmm? I'm originally from there myself. Mind if I ask what college? I might still have some friends in the area. It sounds like you have a pretty good story with RP potential there. Anyway, feel free to look around or jump into the RP in the Albatross if you want. And no worries. I won't make fun of your name, Regan. Now Murphy's law jokes, on the other hand, are fair game. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted)   Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 6:24 pm

Haha, man, I should have seen the Murphy's Law jokes bit when I was creating the character... Thanks for the welcome guys. As for the college I'm going to, its Wittenberg University in Springfield. Super small, but the campus is amazing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted)   Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 6:40 pm

Springfield. Thats near Dayton as I recall. Been there a few times, but I don't know the college. Can't say its that surprising if its as small as you say. I'm from the Cincinnati area myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted)   Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 6:42 pm

Krhm, Finland has in total only 5mil people and my hometown 24 000. Now thats small.
Anyways, welcome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted)   Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 6:46 pm

Yea, springfield is just east of Dayton, or in my case about an hour west of Columbus, where I'm from. So 24,000 is laughably small. Thats nice though, thats why I'm going to a school with 1800 people...haha. And finland is I would hope a lot more scenic/nice than I could ever dream Columbus or Cincinatti to be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted)   Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 6:55 pm

Yeah, I live in a metroplex of 8 million Sad Thats a few too many if you ask me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted)   Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 6:59 pm

Just a few too many. If it was seven million, you would be fine, but eight million? Thats a little extreme. I guess thats what texas is known for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted)   Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 7:07 pm

yeah 7 id be ok with. But 7,000,001 is 1 too many my friend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted)   Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 7:21 pm

*reads through the letter that is handed to him before turning to Hamish*

It looks as if our roots are growing deeper and stronger by the day! To the Confederacy!

*Dermid then raises his glass before quickly putting a good ale into the gut and ordering another round*

OOC: Welcome to the forums! I think we have a nice mix of people thus far and I fully anticipate having an active forum here for the guild once the game is live.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted)   Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 9:51 pm

I'm a bit late, but better late than never I suppose... at least in this case.

Welcome to the Confederacy and its naval attachment Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2007-04-14

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted)   Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 10:15 pm

Hamish looks to Dermid and reads over the letter.

"Aye, et's nice tae know we're makin' sewch an impact. Better send 'im a note an' tell 'im tae get movin' ower way, eh?"

Hamish takes out some parchment and quill.

Dear Sir,

We have received your message and are extending an invitation for you to visit with us in the Caribbean. While we can't speak on behalf of the French Crown as to the commission, we do hold a little influence. However if they are unwilling to take on an Irishman into their Navy, we have plenty of room for courageous men to fill out our privateering ranks. We will see what we can do, however as you seem to have some influence yourself, perhaps your friends will be able to work on your behalf. We have recently been assigned a small contingent of Officers from His Majesty and perhaps one of them can speak on your behalf as well. Regardless we are always more than willing to entertain the employment of anyone which would stand in the way of English influence engulfing the world. We look forward to our future meeting.

Respectfully,
Hamish MacBane

*Here you see the seal of the Highland Confederacy*

HC

OOC: Heh, forgot the OOC part. Welcome to the Confederacy. I'll be adding you as a recruit. Feel free to jump in, as I've seen you already have. Good deal. People may be by to ask you questions, but generally involvement on the forums shows us what we need to see. Glad to have you aboard. :)

Last edited by on Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://highlandconfederacy.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted)   Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 10:16 pm

Emile deMontfort wrote:
I'm a bit late, but better late than never I suppose... at least in this case.

Welcome to the Confederacy and its naval attachment Very Happy

"Thank you sir. I am still trying to hammer out a future role in this confederacy. If we are in need of Merchants, my background with the Dutch East Asia Trading Company could come in use. If the best way to hurt the english is through a raping of their economy than so be it. The nuances of a Laissez-faire economy do not escape me, nor does how to control an East Indiaman. With the right protection from my French guards, I am sure I would even be able to navigate the seas with a Large Galleon, or even an outdated La Couronne. In any case, I look forward to fighting in hand with the French."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted)   Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 4:16 pm

Murphy O'callaghan wrote:
If the best way to hurt the english is through a raping of their economy than so be it.

OOC (all) - Well said.
Ohio? How does it feel to be the #2 college sports state, right behind Florida? Laughing I can't say much I grew up in Michigan and where have they been lately? Anyway are you a Browns fan? Oddily enough I am and looking forward to them having a good/decent O-line this year.

How can I say this.. my first impression is I like you but, I have a feeling my character will never trust you. With that English Navy and, even worse, the East-Asian Trading company background (what? me jealous? never) background ... Benoit may just have to keep an eye on monsier O'callaghan! "I wouldn't put it past those English dogs to set all this up just to get a spy among the HC ranks. Etre prudent mes amis."
Please take no offense ~ I just see a good opertunity for RP here.
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2007-04-14

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted)   Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 6:40 pm

Heh, that will be funny. Murphy the Irish spy! He's a witch burn him!! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://highlandconfederacy.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted)   Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 7:28 pm

Benoit_Bontecou wrote:
Murphy O'callaghan wrote:
If the best way to hurt the english is through a raping of their economy than so be it.

OOC (all) - Well said.
Ohio? How does it feel to be the #2 college sports state, right behind Florida? Laughing I can't say much I grew up in Michigan and where have they been lately? Anyway are you a Browns fan? Oddily enough I am and looking forward to them having a good/decent O-line this year.

How can I say this.. my first impression is I like you but, I have a feeling my character will never trust you. With that English Navy and, even worse, the East-Asian Trading company background (what? me jealous? never) background ... Benoit may just have to keep an eye on monsier O'callaghan! "I wouldn't put it past those English dogs to set all this up just to get a spy among the HC ranks. Etre prudent mes amis."
Please take no offense ~ I just see a good opertunity for RP here.

Haha, no offense taken. As for your comments about the browns - i was bread a Bengals fan, but I really don't take notice of the NFL much because I am a buckeye through and through. I grew up about a minute from Campus and it was my number 2 choice for schools so obviously I get crazy on saturday's at the shoe. And since your from Michigan I don't really know why I'm talking to you... haha kidding kidding.

But your distrust is probably rightfully placed, someday I might prove myself to you though. You may never know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted)   Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 8:01 pm

Hamish MacBane wrote:
He's a witch burn him!! Smile

I'll get the exorcism tongs ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted)   Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Murphy O'Callaghan (Accepted)
Page 1 of 1