Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new thread: "nightmares and the drive"

Go down 
AuthorMessage

new thread: "nightmares and the drive" Empty
PostSubject: new thread: "nightmares and the drive"   new thread: "nightmares and the drive" Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 11:24 am

((Hey guys....I just wrote a new thread in the storyline forum (the publisher 1) called "nightmares and the drive." It is really my 1st attempt at serious RP and storytelling. I would like to know what you all think, and give you all permission to add to. Thanks for your input...Ben aka Maguai))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new thread: "nightmares and the drive"   new thread: "nightmares and the drive" Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 2:47 pm

I think its real good, remember its for fun. enjoy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new thread: "nightmares and the drive"   new thread: "nightmares and the drive" Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 2:52 pm

Good start. The more realistic you make it the better it will be. Using various native tribes is an interesting angle. Haha. Might find a bit of disparagement from my toon though...natives are "godless savages" after all!
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

PostSubject: Re: new thread: "nightmares and the drive"   new thread: "nightmares and the drive" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 6:58 am

Yes, an interesting start indeed. It's nice to begin to have your backstory developed. One thing I would offer as an observation is that you asked people to feel free to jump in, but at the moment the story doesn't seem to offer an easy way for someone else to begin to participate. This isn't a criticism, I've done this myself. I wrote the start of the "Walking after Midnight" story and opened it up for some collaborative RP. . .and then it just sat there. But I finally realized that the way I had written it didn't offer an easy way for someone else to enter in to it.

It might be useful to have a discussion about the kinds of tactics that people have found work to create a collaborative story environment. One obvious thing is to create the collaborative environment from the get-go, such as a ball or the recent Spring Fling. But a couple of other things I would suggest. Your next storytelling move might be to establish a "public" setting for your story. At the moment you are in your cabin having a nightmare, so it's hard for anyone else to justify intruding on that kind of space. You might establish that you are docked at a specific port, or on the open sea, or some such. Another thing I've noticed some people doing is to "summon" another society character (being on deck and noticing them on the docks, for example) as a way of extending them an invitation, as it were.

So that's a couple of things I'd suggest for you specifically. But any other ideas more generally?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new thread: "nightmares and the drive"   new thread: "nightmares and the drive" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 9:59 am

Well done so far.

If I may i would just like to point out one thing in your storyline that, for sake of "truth" you need to explain. You refer to Brits as Lobsterbacks, but basically, you being a Huron, you should not know about lobsters, the Huron Tribes lived far from sea and, as far as history tells us, had little, if any, contact with the Eastern seashore Tribes and, by the time the Red Coats were here, the Hurons had been reduced to a very small community (300 men and women) located just outside of Québec city ( where they still today, live and prosper) ((epidemic and their ancestral war against the Iroquois (Mohawks)explains that very small number))

PS My brother-in-law is a Huron, that's why i know a bit about them

Forgot to mention that the Huron have been the first and only to learn and speak French and to adopt Catholicism as their official religion
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new thread: "nightmares and the drive"   new thread: "nightmares and the drive" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new thread: "nightmares and the drive"
Page 1 of 1