Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A letter from Mackintosh of Borlum

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A letter from Mackintosh of Borlum Empty
PostSubject: A letter from Mackintosh of Borlum   A letter from Mackintosh of Borlum Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 3:20 am

By the hand of Brigadier William Mackintosh, Laird of Borlum, known as Mackintosh of Borlum, servant of my Majesty, King James VIII of Scotland and III of England and the servant of his Majesty, John Erskine, 22nd and de jure 6th Earl of Mar;

To the most respected and favored of true loyalists to the rightful Monarch of Scotland, England and Ireland, the the admired patriots in the burning seas of the Caribbean, The Highland Confederacy.

On behalf of the Earl of Mar, and King James VIII of Scotland and II of England, your efforts in the West Indies has been noted and appreciated. Our rightful heir and his court wish you to know that new world found across the great sea holds the future for Europe. As you well know, the natural resources and climate of these islands and the Americas make this part of the world the most profitable and valuable land on the Earth. Ye who control these resources, shall control Europe and the world! As you may also have heard, the attempts to reestablish the rightful King onto his throne has suffered setbacks that may never be overcome. Even the Jacobites' most powerful ally, King Louis XIV of France has passed, and his heir, King Louis XV is but nine years of age. The Regent, Phillipe II, has showed his desire to make a lasting peace with the impostor German and Protestant despot, George. But God shall be the final judge, and thus, we must not allow ourselves to be discouraged or downtrodden.

Therefore my brethren, take great pride in the work you do for the Jacobite cause! Your work in seizing power away from House of Hanover may well be the only contingency for our rightful, Scottish monarch to assume his throne. Because of the great magnitude of your charge, we send you two young men who we believe to be of just the right demeanor, intelligence, shrewdness, and patriotism for Scotland to be of great value to your labor in the West Indies. I present to you Wallace and Duncan Jardine. They are brothers, born of Scotland, and quite proud to say of the Mackintosh Clan. These brothers were forced to flee with us to France after the previous failed attempts at reseating our King. I can personally attest to their bravery during battle, and I have seen their displeasure toward the House of Hanover.

Wallace and Duncan Jardine both have experience aboard French war vessels. Despite being Scottish and not speaking the French language, they both rose in rank on the same privateer warship based out of Saint-Malo, France, a frigate called the
Artésien. Wallace Jardine rose as far as the French would allow a foreigner to rise in rank- the equivalent of first mate. He has gained great praise for his bravery under fire during their privateer missions near the English Channel battling the false monarch. He has, in fact, received commendations from the French navy, nobility and even King Louis XV. Wallace is by all accounts, "a rabble-rousing Scot" who is loud, boisterous, but full of courage that spills over to his shipmates. Despite his oftentimes unkempt appearance, he will command the respect of those that sail with him, but not due to his demanding it through verbal mandates, but rather by the discernible and undeniable courage of his character. Wallace Jardine comes to you on behalf of the King James VIII, captain of his own privateering mission, complete with a small warship and his Letter of Marque to seize pirating vessels and vessels that fly under the banner of the false King of England, Scotland, and Ireland as they too, are pirating the very goods, resources, and currency that should be handled by King James and his royal court.

Duncan Jardine also rose as an officer on the very same privateer ship as his more volatile brother. Duncan instantly became a trusted member of the ship and due to a combination of that trust and a sharp mathematical mind, rose to the position of "purser" or quartermaster. Duncan is extremely intelligent and his mental capacity for economic computations is astounding. He has a naturally gifted mathematical mind as well as a personality that can calm the fiercest storm. A total opposite of his brother, Duncan may be the more valuable of the two because of his business acumen. If God Almighty sees fit to put our rightful monarch as the sovereign leader of Scotland, Duncan Jardine may well find himself as one of his Majesty's chief financial advisers. Until that fateful day, please allow Duncan Jardine to put his prodigious mind to work for you and for the rightful crown of Scotland.

Through cooperation with the monarchy in Paris, the desire of our rightful monarch in King James VIII, and it being the recommendation of both I,
Brigadier William Mackintosh, Laird of Borlum and the honorable Earl of Mar, we beseech you to accept and welcome Wallace and Duncan Jardine into your Confederacy of Jacobites known as The Highland Confederacy.

In the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ and the rightful and
God-ordained Monarch of Scotland, England, and Ireland, King James VIII
of Scotland and III of England;

Will
iam Mackintosh, Brigadier General and Laird of Borlum

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: OOC Section(didn't know I couldn't reply)   A letter from Mackintosh of Borlum Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 3:51 am

Out of Character Section

Player Description: Name, anything you might want to tell us about yourself that will help us get to know you.
I apologize for the two separate topics. I intended to put the OOC section in a reply, but I find out that I don't have to the correct permission to reply...the hard way. heh So please, feel free to merge these two topics. Again, sorry for the boo-boo.

Official Forum Name: Jardine Brothers

Profession:
Duncan Jardine is a freetrader who'se primary experience seems to be that of a "purser" (quartermaster) on a French naval privateer's ship that caused havoc for the Brits in the English Channel. However, as backstory is developed, you will see things aren't always what they appear...

Wallace Jardine is a privateer, complete with Letter of Marque from who the Jardine's claim as the rightful king of England and Scotland, James the VIII. Since Wallace sees James as his rightful king, he considers his Letter of Marque to be absolutely valid. The French Regent is allowing to sail under the french flag because piracy and privateering in the Caribbean was such a crapshoot, nobody could the good guys from the bad guys anyway, so the monarchs didn't have much if any control over the situation as it was...and besides, this way, the French Royal court would get a kickback....

What is RP to you? I love history. I L-O-V-E LOVE history. RP to me in Pirates of the Burning Sea is getting engrossed in a historical time period that was full of great drama and great characters. RP in PotBS allows me to live out a historical fantasy of swashbuckling, pirating, shooting black-powder pistols and never having to truly worry about getting my leg getting ripped off below the knee due to a brass cannonball ripping through the hull of the ship and through my leg.

Why would you like to join the Highland Confederacy? I love the concept of supporters of the House of Stuart flying under the French Flag to oppose the House of Hanover. (this was actually done with some extensiveness by the Jacobites during this time period) Also, it explains why we would speak English in a French society. That's a good thing for me...I don't speak a lick of French.

Any questions? not yet, but I'm sure I'll have plenty. pirat
Back to top Go down
Namo Larkin
Proprietor-General
Proprietor-General
Namo Larkin

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Character sheet
Locations: Cayo, Tampa
Production: LV, Teak, and Ships
Requirements: Hulls or Parts for Hulls

PostSubject: Re: A letter from Mackintosh of Borlum   A letter from Mackintosh of Borlum Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:47 am

Well Captains it is good to meet you. Your letter of introduciton is most impressive to say the least. I am Captain Namo Larkin one of the Officers of the Highland Confederacy alto you will find our organization is not as ridged as you have been used to on a military ship.

We are mainly a group of Merchant's and Privateers with the noted esception of a few French Naval Officers sent to help protect thier assets here in the new world. Our operations are mainly located around Tampa and NO and I would say Tampa is a good location to meet us face to face. I would be interested in meeting you at some point in the near future. Right now with the Rat infestation around Cayo it might be a bit more difficult for you to get to Tampa if your on the other side of Florida. I will try and make arrangements to either book passage to Grenville or send one of my sons to meet up with you.

The first tasks at hand is for you to get used the new world. I generally find myself out and about in the late evenings (8pm - 10pm eastern).. If you see me about give me a call.

Namo Larkin Free Trader
Danto Larkin Naval Officer
Danivar Larkin Privateer
Emanual Renard Free Trader
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A letter from Mackintosh of Borlum   A letter from Mackintosh of Borlum Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:57 am

This good to see another captain or two wearing the white cockaide. The MacTamhais look forward to meeting some fellow Scots. Perhaps we can share a tankard or two soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A letter from Mackintosh of Borlum   A letter from Mackintosh of Borlum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A letter from Mackintosh of Borlum
Page 1 of 1