Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time out to socialize

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Time out to socialize Empty
PostSubject: Time out to socialize   Time out to socialize Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 2:59 am

I'd like to suggest that the society establish a regular night for socializing each week. You know, that's when you stop worrying about fighting, trading and advancement for an hour or two, and instead spend time talking with fellow Confederates, just to get to know them better.

I would like to suggest Friday evening (for Americans) / Saturday morning (for Europeans).

I see two possible sites. One is the central square just outside the Charlesfort Tavern. This makes us visible to the server as a whole, and most especially newcomers, who might be looking for a great RP group.

The other site is inside the Grenville Tavern. This is more centrally located and easier to reach, while still being within an easy sail of Charlesfort so low-levels can attend. It also is a bit more private, so we can enjoy ourselves without as many disruptions and distractions.

The plan is to be in-character, conversing in local chat. If nobody's there, get on the society channel and round up some drinking buddies. After all, Scots and Irish like to drink, don't they? Surely we must have some Irish harpers and Scottish story-tellers among us?

We're supposed to be an RP society. Let's prove it, eh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time out to socialize   Time out to socialize Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 7:01 am

Milady as always you are wise indeed, and you have my support!

Provided that i make it to the West Indies some time soon i will without question engage in social conversation with anyone willing to do so. In fact you would honor me greatly if we were to meet in one 'o the places you have mentioned.

Yours,

Henk...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time out to socialize   Time out to socialize Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 9:20 am

I am all for your idea. However, Friday evenings don't work for me as I have a regular FTF RP group that meets Friday nights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time out to socialize   Time out to socialize Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 9:58 am

That sounds good to me. Sorry to hear that Liam has a committment during that time. Liam, is there another time that works better for you?

Looking forward to it. Thanks for your efforts, Madam.

Jack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time out to socialize   Time out to socialize Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Jack McBain wrote:
That sounds good to me. Sorry to hear that Liam has a committment during that time. Liam, is there another time that works better for you?

Jack

M, W, Th, evenings. Most Saturday days are ok (before 6 pm pst). Sundays after 4 pm or so. I could also do Friday evenings but not until late, probably starting 11:30-midnight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time out to socialize   Time out to socialize Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 5:32 pm

The clinking of another daubloon makes little time for talking. You'll find me on the seas of time seeking the next pot of gold, source of lumber or cowardly pirate to sink.

I only sink cowardly pirates, fiercesome pirates i leave to others.
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

PostSubject: Re: Time out to socialize   Time out to socialize Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 7:43 pm

Either Friday or Saturday works for me, but I'm usually not on until after 10pm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time out to socialize   Time out to socialize Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 7:47 pm

Still i like the idear provided there is time, however at some point i believe it to be great fun indeed to get to know many 'o you better!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time out to socialize   Time out to socialize Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:46 pm

Excellent idea. I vote for Grenville.
I think maybe Friday or Saturday night would be best because those are the only two days of the week that Europeans are not working (our evening their morning).

Or an equivelent time for their evening and our weekend mornings.

But any time that's decided on please count me in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time out to socialize   Time out to socialize Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 2:03 pm

This is an excellent idea! Personally, I am in favor of Grenville for purely selfish reasons, but either location would be fine. I am also generally available on either day, so whatever the Society decides, I will abide by gladly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time out to socialize   Time out to socialize Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 2:20 pm

The tavern sounds most excellent indeed, be that The Albatross by any chance?!

It would be nice if we were to pick a spot for her (ingame) so to speak!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time out to socialize   Time out to socialize Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 10:20 pm

Is there a possibility we could try to establish something for the Friday Evening / Saturday Morning following launch?

At least those who would be able to attend something at either time could post a yea or nay?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time out to socialize   Time out to socialize Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 12:59 am

von Klein wrote:
After all, Scots and Irish like to drink, don't they? Surely we must have some Irish harpers and Scottish story-tellers among us?

Scots and Irish don't "like" to drink. We live to drink. We get physically ill if our blood alcohol drops too low. It's sort of like diabetes. I'll bring some rum and my small harp, though I am badly out of practice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time out to socialize   Time out to socialize Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 7:36 am

ImaginaryGypsy wrote:
I'll bring some rum and my small harp, though I am badly out of practice.

And I shall bring me bodhran and ulian pipes to add to the tunes we play.

(I wonder if some time in the future PotBS will give us the ability to play music together as did LotRO and SWG. Now that would be sweet).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time out to socialize   Time out to socialize Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 10:02 am

Friday evenings are agreable to me and I might add, this is a wonderful idea. You'll have my support m'Lady.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time out to socialize   Time out to socialize Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 12:09 pm

Friday evenings are agreeable with me. I am sure myself and the crew could use a rest that evening and maybe lift a pint or six with the rest of you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time out to socialize   Time out to socialize Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 11:38 pm

Friday Evenings are acceptable, besides gives the English time to build more ships for me to sink. Besides what good is Brandy without Wenching Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time out to socialize   Time out to socialize Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 8:10 pm

So, did any socializing happen tonight at a specific time/place? Or have we not started this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time out to socialize   Time out to socialize Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 3:14 am

HC ROUNDS AT LE BOURBONAISSE

Given that all who responded but one seem to find Friday evenings, I'd like to propose the following:

Friday Night / Saturday Morning there will be three separate times for a "round of drinks" at "Le Bourbonaisse" tavern in Grenville.

Below are the three times. I suggest you check on the society channel to see if anyone is heading to the tavern for a round before spending the effort to get there. Personally, RL issues make it a sure thing that I'll miss out on round one, and quite possibly round two. However, I'll do my best to make it in time for round three.

First Round:
Friday US / Saturday Europe (0500 UTC)
US: 8:00pm Pacific / 10:00pm Central / 11:00pm Eastern
Europe: 5:00am UK / 6:00am Western Europe

Second Round (2 hours later)
Friday US / Saturday Europe (0700 UTC)
US: 10:00pm Pacific / Midnight Central / 1:00am Eastern
Europe: 7:00am UK / 8:00am Western Europe

Third Round (4 hours later)
Saturday (0900 UTC)
US: Midnight Pacific / 2:00am Central / 4:00am Eastern
Europe: 9:00am UK / 10:00am Western Europe

For the future, if this traditional endures, synchronize your chronometer to UTC (also known as GMT) time, as shown above. This is because daylight savings starts and ends at different points in different countries, and in some states or countries doesn't even exist (such as Arizona in the USA).

Last edited by on Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time out to socialize   Time out to socialize Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 3:18 am

Comments on the plan above.

I'm very sorry that some people won't be able to make it at any of these times. However, I think the advantage of a fixed date and time outweigh the sadness of some people unable to attend. If we develop a regular turnout after that holds steady for the first few weeks, we can start expanding and refining the plan. If nobody bothers to come, it's hardly worth debating proper days and times, eh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time out to socialize   Time out to socialize Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 3:53 am

I hope i will be able to attend one 'o the gatherings as it were, provided i do stop goin' under
with me ships no more due to lack 'o sleep!
Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time out to socialize   Time out to socialize Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 1:11 pm

I like your times!

You might want to correct the 4am Eastern to 3am Eastern on the last one, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time out to socialize   Time out to socialize Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 8:00 pm

I see the new forum area for RP events, so I'm moving the post to there, as well as correcting an error in one of the times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time out to socialize   Time out to socialize Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 4:35 pm

ImaginaryGypsy wrote:
von Klein wrote:
After all, Scots and Irish like to drink, don't they? Surely we must have some Irish harpers and Scottish story-tellers among us?

Scots and Irish don't "like" to drink. We live to drink. We get physically ill if our blood alcohol drops too low. It's sort of like diabetes. I'll bring some rum and my small harp, though I am badly out of practice.

The rum helps with that too. Th' more ye drink, th' better th' harp sings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time out to socialize   Time out to socialize Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time out to socialize
Page 1 of 1