Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Capt. Sebastien de Avril Reporting For Duty

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Capt. Sebastien de Avril Reporting For Duty Empty
PostSubject: Capt. Sebastien de Avril Reporting For Duty   Capt. Sebastien de Avril Reporting For Duty Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 12:28 pm

-salute-
My orders sir:

FM: RFIntVCNO
TO: All elements of Task Force Lune

SUBJ : Deployment Order

Situation

All elements of Task Force Lune shall set sail and deploy to our Area of Operations (AO) immediately.

Mission

Task Force Lune is hereby ordered to deploy to the Caribbean Sea ASAP. Task Force Lune will initially be stationed at the French port of Charlesfort. Further deployment is dependent on ELORD and through consultation with Highland Cofnederacy command.

-CENSORED-

Individual Assignments :

LUNE
Element A
Command
- Officer in charge: -CENSORED-
- Mission : -CENSORED-
Element B
Element C
Element D
- Officer in charge: Capt. Sebastien de Avril
- Mission : Establish contact with Deoiridh D’Alembert, of the Highland Confederacy.
- Mission : Assist Highland Confederacy in elimination and/or capture of British assets in the AO.
- Mission : Reconnoiter possible locations for French colonies.
- Mission : Establish contact with Highland Confederacy liason Vicomte Émile deMontfort.
Primary Command
- Mission : Overall Command of all Task Force Lune elements.
Secondary Command
- Mission : Liaise with French admiralty concerning efficiency and practicality of Task Force Lune.

Take all necessary steps to accomplish the given missions. Refer to the IntVCNO for further questions.

Service Support

-CENSORED-

Command and Signal

see WARNORD 07-01

-------------------------------------------------

I'm a lvl 8, French Naval Officer. What is RP to me? Well...I'm not real big on sitting around talking about my character, but I do enjoy trying to think of this as more of an immersive story than a game to be studied and beaten. By that, I mean I don't obsess over the mechanics and numbers, I won't farm areas, and I don't care about "flavor of the month" builds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Capt. Sebastien de Avril Reporting For Duty   Capt. Sebastien de Avril Reporting For Duty Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 3:28 pm

Those are... interesting orders you have there, sir. Perhaps you could tell me some details about how you came by them. I'm afraid I've never seen their like, and cannot picture those fops in Paris (No offense meant, Émile.) Being nearly so blunt. Not that I am known for the brevity of my speaches either, but the admirality; they will talk your ears off. Even in writing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Capt. Sebastien de Avril Reporting For Duty   Capt. Sebastien de Avril Reporting For Duty Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:06 pm

I'm afraid I wouldn't know about that sir. Being a new captain, I haven't had the priviledge of an audience with the admiralty. I received my orders from admiral Chabot, and didn't think it prudent to question them. You'll understand, I trust, why certain details have been omitted from the copy presented to you, and why I am unable to discuss them. I want to assure you, however, that the French navy supports the actions of the Highland Confederacy, and will offer help when practical.

I was assured that the matter had been discussed with monsieur deMontfort, and that all parties were agreeable to the arrangement. Is that not, in fact, the case?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Capt. Sebastien de Avril Reporting For Duty   Capt. Sebastien de Avril Reporting For Duty Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:38 pm

Captain Jack McBain rereads the document in his hands a third time, his suspicion not abating, why he’s not sure. Holding it up to the light coming from the lantern hanging over his right shoulder he sees nothing out of the ordinary with the parchment, yet, something seems not quite right. After reading dozens of Letters of Marque and looking over the many official French Naval communiqués coming from Capitaine Émile duMontfort the document in his hands does not have the familiarity to which he is accustomed, and anything out of the ordinary made the Scotsman suspicious.

Maybe it’s a lingering effect of losing my ship to some damn arsonist, he thinks. He will have to speak with Capitaine duMontfort about this. As official attaché attached to the Highland Confederacy Émile may know of this French Naval Captain’s sudden appearance. He will ask him soon.

((Sebastien, we welcome you to the Highland Confederacy forums. Please take some time to poke about in the various books, parchments and such that you find. Folks often use ‘Copper Penny Publishing’ to do a bit of in-character sharing as we get to know each other. You are most assuredly welcomed to do the same. Hope our initial responses don’t ‘put you off’. Your letter provides a great opportunity to do a bit of rp ourselves. Please make yourself comfortable here.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Capt. Sebastien de Avril Reporting For Duty   Capt. Sebastien de Avril Reporting For Duty Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:58 pm

Sebastien wrote:

I was assured that the matter had been discussed with monsieur deMontfort, and that all parties were agreeable to the arrangement. Is that not, in fact, the case?

I cannot honestly say that I have participated in any such discussion, spoken or otherwise. Nor have I received any papers regarding the transfer of personnel to this Command. As a result, your sudden appearance here seems highly irregular, at the very least, but it is my hope that it will be made clear soon...

(Indeed, welcome to the boards. Smile )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Capt. Sebastien de Avril Reporting For Duty   Capt. Sebastien de Avril Reporting For Duty Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 9:49 am

Welcome indeed friend, lookin' forward in meeting ye in some of the taverns that i sometimes frequent...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capt. Sebastien de Avril Reporting For Duty   Capt. Sebastien de Avril Reporting For Duty Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Capt. Sebastien de Avril Reporting For Duty
Page 1 of 1