Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Captain Rene LaFayette

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Captain Rene LaFayette Empty
PostSubject: Captain Rene LaFayette   Captain Rene LaFayette Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 5:38 pm

Greetings, Officers of the Highland Confederacy!

My name is Rene LaFayette, privateer and Captain of La Fureur du Roi. I hail from the humble town of Toulon off the coast of the Mediterranean. I have traveled the seas of the Caribbean for the past several weeks now in search of treasure, rum and women. And I have done so with a letter of Marque from the Baron Vesper Lauphel!

But it is quite clear that these waters are more than troubled! They are littered with trouble the likes of which we dare not speak of in public! The atrocities committed upon these once noble waters has not only put the public good in grave danger, but has had quite a negative affect upon my pockets and purse! A lonesome dove, I dare not put myself (and crew) in danger much longer under these conditions.

I offer my hand in hopes you'll take it firm in grasp with yours. United, I believe we can benefit each other with an abundance of bon chance!

I humbly seek your acceptance into your revered network of respected merchants, traders, explorers and privateers!

Yours respectfully,
Rene LaFayette
Captain of La Fureur du Roi

Character Description:
Rene is a "lost child." Growing up in the French naval port of Toulon, he was the son of a highly respected French Admiral and expected to follow in his father's footsteps. With his father away a lot, however, and a timid mother too intimidated to try and make her husband's son her own, Rene fell prey to the looser life of the streets: booze, bums, gambling, women. Cast out of his family by his father, and on the run from the local Baron's lawmen due to a few too many transgressions (and bedding the Baron's daughter), the younger LaFayette forged a letter of Marque "in Baron Lauphel's hand" and won himself a simple sloop in a game of Table Croquet against a wealthy drunkard. He recruited a few of the port's finest and set off for the sunny skies and loose women of the Caribbean, seeking a few pieces of gold coin to fill his rapidly emptying pockets. Ever full of vice, the only predictable aspect of Rene's reckless life was his devotion to God: every Sunday he prays and seeks forgiveness for his sins. Whether those prayers will be answered is another thing entirely.

Out of Character Section

Player Description: My name is Rich and I have been roleplaying for 10 years now. I'm 28 years old and live in New York. My RPing started on a MUD called Feudal Realms and has grown from there. I love to get into a good storyline, usually with one or a few people and move on from there. I'd much rather RP than get into PVP, but that's not to say I'm not up for a good fight!

Official Forum Name: Rene LaFayette. I can also be contacted on AIM under the name 'cpiseco.'

Profession: Privateer

What is RP to you?: RP is getting lost in a role totally outside my real life. I love creating a detailed character and not so much with just my imagination, but through interactions with other players...being around other people and their characters has always brought out the best in me.

Why would you like to join the Highland Confederacy?: I'm looking for a group of like-minded people who want to get deep into a game and enjoy the roleplaying experience. I love making friends in these games!

Thanks for taking the time to read a little about me and my character!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Captain Rene LaFayette   Captain Rene LaFayette Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 5:57 pm

G'day, mate!

((What part of New York? I spend a bit of time in the Upper Delaware area when I can.))

Bog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Captain Rene LaFayette   Captain Rene LaFayette Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 9:35 pm

(Syracuse area, but I do fish a lot in the upper Delaware area!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Captain Rene LaFayette   Captain Rene LaFayette Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 4:06 am

Gut day, Kapitain LaFayette. Ish fear that the women of the Highland Confederacy will disappoint you - there are non who are street strumpets or common harlots. Quite the contrary - they are either very rich and powerful, or extremely good with swords and ships. However, we can certainly help you in capturing many pirate ships, who frequently have low women among their crew.

Gudrun von Klein and Lisette von Klein
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Captain Rene LaFayette   Captain Rene LaFayette Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 4:33 am

von Klein wrote:
help you in capturing many pirate ships, who frequently have low women among their crew

I bloody resent that remark Bavarian!

And to prove my very point i shall once more attend the gatherin' in Grennville at some point accompanied by one 'o the most esteemed ladies i have ever met in The Indies or even the Old World! There are more among our numbers who are indeed fine ladies without any doubt, let there be no mistake about that!

Another fact be that many among us, and their numbers are growin' as we speak are 'o Irish descent or otherwise drawn to the cause of fighting the Red Coats...

And if i may be so bold La Fayette, in search 'o rum, women and treasure ye say? Why not join me crew lad so i can welcome ye aboard?! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Captain Rene LaFayette   Captain Rene LaFayette Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 10:32 am

You may be so bold, Captain. Where may I find you and your crew?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Captain Rene LaFayette   Captain Rene LaFayette Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 12:49 pm

Rene LaFayette wrote:
(Syracuse area, but I do fish a lot in the upper Delaware area!)

((I have a cousin in Syracuse. I hang out in the area where the West Branch hits the East Branch. My mother is from the Pa side in that area.))

Bog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Captain Rene LaFayette   Captain Rene LaFayette Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 1:21 pm

Captaine LaFayette,

I must be forward enough to point out to you, good Captaine LaFayette, that Mssr Owl is now of the Pirate persuasion, and you may find such a rendevouz to be quite interesting indeed. For instamce, you may want to lighten your cargo load before making such a meet.

That being said, it sounds like you and Mssr. Owl may indeed be birds of a feather. It would be wonderful to have you join us on one of our gatherings for drink and talk one of these Friday evenings. I look forward to making your acquantance. I will bring a chapererone.

Signed,
~~M.Baudelaire
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Captain Rene LaFayette   Captain Rene LaFayette Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Captain Rene LaFayette
Page 1 of 1