Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle for New Orleans

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Battle for New Orleans Empty
PostSubject: Battle for New Orleans   Battle for New Orleans Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 5:04 pm

Some of you may have heard about the Battle for New Orleans that 'raged' Monday morning. For those who haven't here goes:

About 70 to 80 % of the ships for the french were HC. France had a full fleet of ~24 ships. The pirates showed up with 8. Under orders from Emil de Montfort, the HC line was setup in the bay guarding the town. Some Unaffiliated Elements (i.e. non-HC) were mixed in the line while others were out in the center of the bay. One of the Unafilliated Elements had a 4th rate Ship-of-the-Line. For my part, I was scouting the spawn point of the Pirates (around the tip of the cove) and trying to draw them into the bay to fired upon by both the fort guns and the HC line at the same time.

While I was scouting, the Unaffiliated SOL joined me at the mouth of the bay and we began to take fire. I taunted a few of the pirates by banging my big bronze balls in their direction. Briefly, some of the pirates took my bait (WTF is this stupid NO doing in a crappy Mediator Cutter out here alone? Let's get it quick!) and headed towards the line. HOWEVER, they recognized the ploy (duh) and found the thought of sinking a 4th rate SOL more appealing than rapid death by HC's cannon balls.

As it happened, the SOL was sunk while several other Unaffiliated Elements drew off a few of the weaker pirates and sank them. Having not rejoined the line, instead out in the bay proper, I tossed on a few buffs to the Unafilliated Elements and banged my bronze balls on a few of the pirates foreheads.

Emil released the HC line to mop up which we did. A bug in the battle failed to recognize that we had actually defeated all the pirates. I filed a support ticket and a GM showed up instantly with a bad assed god-like ship: 'Ridiculous' 360 Firing Solution. They fixed the bug. We went home. Now to defend IP.

Did I miss anything?

Last edited by on Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle for New Orleans   Battle for New Orleans Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 5:14 pm

Excellent report, thanks for posting! And, CONGRATULATIONS Highland Confederacy for successfully defending New Orleans. You are to be commended!

Jack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle for New Orleans   Battle for New Orleans Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 7:57 pm

Only point I missed was the lack of the brilliance in forcing the pirates to sail into the wind to get to us if they wanted to fight. That was a good call on Émile's part. Of course that's the reason FLS has the wind set to blow that way when you have that many conquest points.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle for New Orleans   Battle for New Orleans Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 9:20 pm

absolutely wonderful. Did anyone manage to get any pictures of the battle?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle for New Orleans   Battle for New Orleans Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 12:01 pm

AMAZING...I cant wait till Im high enough in level to join in with things like this!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle for New Orleans   Battle for New Orleans Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 12:57 pm

THTremere wrote:
I cant wait till Im high enough in level to join in with things like this!

As do i...Battle for New Orleans Smiley_devil
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

PostSubject: Re: Battle for New Orleans   Battle for New Orleans Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:33 pm

That did sound like it was pretty cool and all I would say is if there are other players that choose to fall out of line, we should keep using these tactics and they will eventually learn that if they are going to participate in defending or taking a port, they can either choose to learn to work with the group or keep losing ships. But in either case we should not put the loss of the map or our own guild ships at risk as a result of having to try and "save" those other players from the mess they chose to get themselves into. At least thats the official Vatican position on the matter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle for New Orleans   Battle for New Orleans Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:57 pm

It is always nice to hear that the Vatican has an official position on matters of Naval Combat.

in nomine patre et filii et spiritus sancti amen

(RL catholic here btw your character concept is awesome!! and fitting for the time period)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle for New Orleans   Battle for New Orleans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle for New Orleans
Page 1 of 1